Citrus Water

I love citrus infused water and make several versions of it. This is my most basic version with ingredients found at any grocery store at any time of the year. Citrus water makes it a little easier for me to drink enough water during the day. The light citrus flavor makes it a bit more interesting than drinking plain water.











Citrus Water

1-2 fresh limes
1-2 fresh lemons
1-2 fresh oranges
32-40 ounces water

Wash limes, lemons, and oranges really well. Slice limes, lemons, and oranges. Remove all seeds.
Gently massage flesh of fruit over a 32-40 ounce pitcher allowing juice to fall into pitcher.
Place the sliced fruit in the pitcher and add water. 

Let steep overnight* in the refrigerator.**


* I think steeping it overnight enhances the flavor the best, but it's good even after just a few hours of steeping.

** I keep refilling the pitcher until the citrus flavor becomes undetectable.


This water is also a great way to drink plenty of water after, or even during, an evening of imbibing!


Note: I use as many organic ingredients as I can find, so I rarely include the word "organic" in my list of ingredients.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange Cranberry Water

Mango Smoothie

Spelt Biscuits