Cauliflower Parsnip Chickpea Quiche


When I first stumbled across a version of this recipe online I was intrigued. It reminded me of a quiche recipe I used to make quite often before I switched to a plant-based whole foods diet. I decided to try it, but the first version didn't really work out very well. So I tweaked it and came up with this recipe. I'll make this recipe quite often for awhile and then stop making it for awhile.

Cauliflower Parsnip Chickpea Quiche

2 tablespoon ground flax seeds

2 tablespoons hot water
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried marjoram
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 teaspoons Kirkland Organic No Salt Seasoning (optional)
½ cup nutritional yeast
½ head cauliflower
1 large parsnip
1 medium carrot
1 yellow bell pepper
1 small onion
1 clove garlic
2 cups vegetable stock

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix the ground flax seeds and hot water until thick. Set aside.

Chop the, onion, pepper, and garlic. Set aside.

Grate the cauliflower until it resembles a rice-like texture. This can be done with a hand grater or a food processor. Set aside

Grate parsnip and carrot using either a food processor or hand grater. Set aside.

Mix the dry ingredients together.

Stir in the flax seed mixture.

Stir in the cauliflower.

Add vegetable stock and stir until blended together. Don’t over mix.

Stir in the rest of the vegetables and mix well.

The mixture will be thick and lumpy but easy to spoon.

Pour into a 10 inch quiche pan lined with parchment paper. Smooth to edges of pan pressing out any air bubbles.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until top is golden brown.


Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.

Can be served hot or cold.


This recipe is quite versatile. I've made it for dinner, brunch, and breakfast. When eating it for lunch or dinner, a simple salad makes a nice side dish. When eating it for breakfast, I like to have a small bowl of fruit with it. It's also really tasty all on its own. It refrigerates well and the leftovers are also quite tasty.

Note: I use as many organic ingredients as I can find, so I rarely include the word "organic" in my list of ingredients.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange Cranberry Water

Mango Smoothie

Spelt Biscuits