Banana Cardamom Red Fife Bread

I have created multiple versions of banana bread. I think banana bread is easy to play with and come up with a variety of flavor combinations. I'll share many of those recipes, the ones that work anyway, over time. This one I specify red fife flour* because using that flour with the cardamom just seemed to create its own unique flavor. You could use any flour you want, but it won't be quite the same. That said, red fife flour isn't always the easiest flour to find, at least where I live.

Banana Cardamom Red Fife Bread


2 tablespoon ground flax seeds
2 tablespoons hot water
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 teaspoon matcha powder (optional)
½ cup date sugar**
1 cup mashed banana (approximately 3)
2 cups nut milk***

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Place flax seeds and hot water in a small bowl and mix until well blended. Set aside to thicken.

Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cardamom, and matcha powder in a large bowl. Stir in date sugar.

Combine mashed banana, flax seed mixture, and cashew milk in a medium mixing bowl.

Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour in the wet ingredients. Mix until all the dry ingredients are moistened evenly.

Spoon batter into bread pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until bounces back when lightly depressed in the center. Sides will be golden brown and pulling from the sides of the pan when it is done.


Let bread cool for at least 30 minutes. Run a knife around the edges and carefully invert onto a cooling rack

Fully cool before slicing.



*I love to experiment with different flours and grains in my baked goods, and sometimes I will specify a particular one that I prefer for one reason or another.

**Date sugar is the healthiest sweetener. See this video on nutritionfacts.org.

***I've used a few different nut milks in this recipe. All have worked fine, so use the one you want.

Note: I use organic ingredients whenever possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange Cranberry Water

Spelt Biscuits

Mango Smoothie