Pecan Butter


When I decided to make a pumpkin pie (recipe coming soon) for Thanksgiving I wanted a "traditional" crust for it, but I wanted it to be both vegan and healthy. I did a little research on various traditional crust recipes as well as vegan pie crusts and eventually decided I wanted to try replacing the "fat" in the crust with a nut butter. I particularly like pecan with pumpkin, so I decided to try making a crust using pecan butter. That meant I needed to make pecan butter. I looked at my previous nut butter recipes and did a little research on pecans. Then I came up with this. It worked really well! Tasty! I used what I didn't need for the crust (recipe coming next week) to make a salad dressing (if I can replicate it I will share it, but I didn't write it down at the time.) later and it was delicious!

Pecan Butter

2 cups pecans


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Bake pecans 5-6 minutes until lightly browned.

Cool 5-10 minutes.

Process in a food processor until smooth.

Move to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.




Note: I use organic ingredients whenever possible.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange Cranberry Water

Spelt Biscuits

Mango Smoothie