Rosemary Water

I first drank Rosemary Water at Magenta*, a restaurant in Corvallis, Oregon. When I tasted the water they served, I noted it had a slight rosemary taste. I wondered about it, so I asked the waitress. She explained that they infused the water with fresh rosemary. I loved the idea, and soon tried it at home. My first few attempts I used far too much rosemary and ended up with water that had an antiseptic flavor. Finally, I found a nice balance.

Rosemary water is easy to make and makes for a nice change from plain water. I often make it when I find I'm not drinking enough water as a way to encourage myself to drink more.



Rosemary Water

2-4 sprigs fresh rosemary
60 ounces water.

Place rosemary in a pitcher and pour water over rosemary.

Let steep overnight in refrigerator and drink.

Add water to pitcher until water begins to lose its flavor.

Note: I use organic ingredient whenever possible.

*Magenta is still open, but I haven't been there since before I adopted a plant-based diet several years ago. They serve vegetarian food but not vegan food, as far as I know. I also have no idea if they still serve rosemary water. Still, that experience inspired me to develop my own rosemary water recipe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange Cranberry Water

Mango Smoothie

Spelt Biscuits