Raw Pumpkin Pie


This pumpkin pie is very healthy and delicious. It's also easy to make. It was inspired by a raw pumpkin pie recipe by Fully Raw Kristina. While her recipe was tasty, it was far too sweet for my taste. I adapted it to my liking. I was surprised just how smooth the raw pumpkin is when blended.
Plan ahead because it does need to be in the refrigerator for several hours to set up. I sometimes put it in the freezer to jump start the setting process.


Raw Pumpkin Pie

1 small pie pumpkin
2 persimmons
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon*
1 teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground cardamom*
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves**
½ teaspoon chia seeds
1 vanilla bean (optional)

Soak dates in warm water for 5 minutes. Pit dates. Reserve soaking water.

If using vanilla bean, slice down the middle and scrape insides out. Discard outer husk.

Peel and seed pumpkin. Cut into ¼ inch pieces.

Pull top off persimmons and squeeze persimmon fruit out.

Mix ingredients together in large bowl.

Process all ingredients in a heavy duty blender, such as a Vitamix, or a food processor until it reaches a smooth puree consistency. Can split into two batches if necessary.


Refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours.

Serve.

Keep refrigerated.

* I like to buy whole cinnamon sticks and cardamom pods and grind them myself because they tend to be fresher. I always use Ceylon cinnamon.

** I like to buy whole cloves and pinch the tops off for cooking. The stems can then be ground to use in recipes calling for more cloves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange Cranberry Water

Mango Smoothie

Spelt Biscuits