Raw Pecan Blueberry Crust


I was out of mulberries when I made my Raw Pumpkin Pie recently, so I used dried blueberries instead. It turned out pretty good though I still prefer my Raw Pecan Mulberry Crust for this particular recipe. The two crusts are different enough to make the pie taste quite different.
I look forward to trying this crust with a several other recipes that have fruit purees or cheesecake type textures.




Raw Pecan Blueberry Crust

1 ½ cups pecans

¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ginger
½ teaspoon chia seeds

Soak dates in warm water for 5 minutes. Remove pits. Reserve water.

Process all ingredients in food processor or blender until stiff.

If mixture is too dry and crumbly, add reserved water ½ teaspoon at a time until it combines and stiffens.

Spread in spring form pan.

Place in refrigerator while making pie filling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange Cranberry Water

Mango Smoothie

Spelt Biscuits