Apple Cranberry Bread


I'd been wanting to make Apple Cranberry Bread for quite a while but hadn't for one reason or another. This week I decided to just make it and share it with you. As always, I made a tweak here and there. I find it so hard to follow a recipe as written, even when it's my own recipe. I've realized though if I keep trying to find a recipe that I don't change, I'll never share a recipe. I like this Apple Cranberry Bread so much I have trouble waiting for it to fully cool before cutting into it; however, it is a very moist bread, so it's imperative to let it cool fully before slicing.


Apple Cranberry Bread

1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ginger powder
¼ teaspoon ground cardamom 
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon matcha powder (optional)
¼ cup date sugar
2 tablespoons ground flax seed
2 tablespoons hot water
1 cup almond milk (or other plant-based milk)
½ cup applesauce
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large apple
½ cup walnuts (or pecans)
½ cup cranberries*

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a small bowl combine ground flax seeds and water. Set aside to thicken.

Grate the apple using a grater by moving the apple around the core. Grate as close to the core as possible without getting into the core.

In a large bowl, combine flour, date sugar, baking powder, spices, and matcha powder, if using. Set aside.

In a separate large bowl, combine almond milk, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla. Whisk in thickened flax seed mixture. Gently fold in apple.

Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just blended. Batter will be a little thick.

Fold in walnuts and cranberries.

Spoon batter into a loaf pan. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, approximately 55-60 minutes.

Cool for 15-20 minutes before removing from the pan.

Cool for 30 more minutes on a cooling rack before slicing.

* I used frozen cranberries, but you can use fresh or even dried cranberries if you prefer.

Note: I use organic ingredients whenever possible.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange Cranberry Water

Mango Smoothie

Spelt Biscuits