Cardamom Cherry Spelt Muffins


I made Cardamom Cherry Spelt Muffins to start off the new year. I made them for breakfast on New Year's Day and now I'm sharing them with you. These muffins are incredibly simple to make and so tasty, particularly if you enjoy cardamom. The cardamom and cherry combination really makes me happy! These muffins always feel a bit like a celebration to me though I'm not sure why. So celebrate! Have a Cardamom Cherry Spelt Muffin or two or, six...


Cardamom Cherry Spelt Muffins

2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
2 tablespoons hot water
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 cups spelt flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
¼ cup hazelnut pulp
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup cherries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with unbleached compostable paper muffin liners or silicone liners.

In a small bowl, mix together hazelnut milk and vinegar until it bubbles. Set aside.

Mix together flaxseeds and hot water in a small bowl. Set aside to thicken.

In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cardamom. Stir in date sugar, if using.

Add the flax seed mixture to the hazelnut mixture and whisk until well blended. Stir in vanilla. Whisk in hazelnut butter. Whisk in maple syrup, if using.

Pour liquid mixture into center of dry ingredients.

Gently combine wet ingredients and dry ingredients until all dry ingredients are moistened being careful not to over mix. Fold in cherries.

Fill each muffin up three-quarters of the way to the top.

Bake for 22-26 minutes or until top bounces back when pressed gently.

Let muffins cool completely, about 10 minutes, before serving.

* I usually use date sugar when I make these, but I was didn't have any this time, so I used maple syrup. They were just as good, date sugar is healthier.

Note: I use organic ingredients whenever possible.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange Cranberry Water

Mango Smoothie

Spelt Biscuits