Hazelnut Milk

I use hazelnut milk quite often. It's great for baking as well as for lattes, "bisques", oats, and cereal (aka granola in plant based milk). One reason I use hazelnut milk so often is because there's no need to soak the hazelnuts! This means I can bake something last minute without needing to wait for the nuts to soak.


Hazelnut Milk

1 cup raw hazelnuts (preferably organic)
4 cups water

Put hazelnuts in blender (I use a Vitamix blender.) Add water. Blend until the liquid turns white with few flecks of nuts still visible.  

Place a nutmilk bag in a pitcher. Pour liquid into nutmilk bag. Lift slowly allow the liquid to drain out. Twist the bag and push the nut pulp into a ball at the bottom. Squeeze and twist to wring out as much liquid as possible.

Pour milk into a container with a lid, so it will not absorb flavors from the fridge. Also, this will allow the milk to be shaken if it separates. Refrigerate.

Put pulp into a storage container and refrigerate.

Both the milk and the pulp will last about 7-10 days in the refrigerator.

Both the milk and the pulp can be frozen if desired.

I re-use glass bottles I  have on hand to store it.




Note: I use as many organic ingredients as I can find, so I rarely include the word "organic" in my list of ingredients.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange Cranberry Water

Spelt Biscuits

Mango Smoothie