Minty Melon Salad


I often like to have fruit for dessert. In fact, most nights fruit is the dessert of choice at my house. On occasion, I do make other desserts. Sometimes I like to dress the fruit up a bit with some herbs, nuts, or other things I have in the pantry or refrigerator. I put this recipe together because I liked the play of colors and flavors of the myriad melons and it just seemed natural to pair the melons with mint. This salad also makes a great breakfast.


Minty Melon Salad

1 small watermelon
1 small canary melon
1 small cantaloupe
1 small snow leopard melon
1 bunch fresh mint

Peel melons.* 

Remove seeds from canary melon, cantaloupe, and snow leopard melon with a large spoon. Discard seeds. 

Cut all four melons into bite size chunks.

Remove mint leaves from stems and chop the leaves into tiny pieces. Discard stems.

Place the melon and mint in a large bowlStir gently until well distributed.

Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to overnight, the longer it marinates the more the flavors will meld.

Serve.

Store in the refrigerator.

*My favorite way to peel melons is to cut them in half and turn them cut side down. I then go around the outside of the melon cutting from the top down along the melon's curve.






Note: I use organic ingredients whenever possible, so I rarely use the word organic in my ingredients list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange Cranberry Water

Mango Smoothie

Spelt Biscuits