Sesame Orange Roasted Vegetables


I initially came up with this recipe last summer based on the contents of the CSA box from Denison Farms. I wanted to use ingredients I already had in the house in combination with the box. I came up with this recipe. This week after receiving a similar CSA box, I decided to make it for dinner and share the recipe. When I started eating, I wondered why I don't make it more often.

Sesame Orange Roasted Vegetables

1 large shallot or small red onion
1 bell pepper
2 zucchinis
2 carrots
4 small-medium potatoes
4-8 button or crimini mushrooms
1 small eggplant*

1 orange
2 tablespoons Coconut Amino Acids or low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
½ inch piece fresh ginger
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons raw sesame seeds

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Chop all the vegetables into ½ chunks and place in a large mixing bowl.

Grate fresh ginger using a citrus zester. Zest and juice the orange. Place fresh ginger, zest, and juice in a small mixing bowl. Add amino acids, rice wine vinegar, ground ginger, and sesame seeds. Whisk together until well blended.

Pour orange mixture over vegetables. Toss vegetables to coat.

Arrange vegetables on a large baking sheet** and pour any liquid remaining in the bowl over them carefully scraping out as many sesame seeds as possible.
 
Bake for 20 minutes. Stir and continue to bake until soft enough to pierce with a fork, about 10-15 more minutes.

*You can peel the eggplant if you want. I usually don't, but that's your choice.

**Lining the pan with parchment paper will help with cleanup but isn’t necessary.

Note: I use all organic ingredients whenever possible, so I rarely note that the ingredients are organic in the ingredients list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange Cranberry Water

Mango Smoothie

Spelt Biscuits