Tomato Cucumber Salad


This simple Tomato Cucumber Salad is one of my all-time favorite salads. I don't make it very often anymore because I usually try to include greens in my salads. When I made this last week, I promised myself I was going to start making it more often! It's simple. It's fast! It has a very crisp, clean flavor! It goes with a variety of dishes.  It's especially good in the summer when tomatoes and cucumbers are in season! 


Tomato Cucumber Salad*

1 large cucumber
1 large tomato
1 lemon
2 Tbs walnuts




Chop cucumber and tomato. Place in a serving bowl.

Juice lemon.

Using a hand blender, blend lemon, vinegar, and walnuts until well blended.

Pour over cucumbers and tomatoes.

Stir to combine.

Serve.

* This recipe as written will serve 2-4 people depending on what it's served with as well as the size of the tomato and cucumber; however it is easy to size up to feed more people. I generally add one tomato and one cucumber for every 4 people I'm serving. As for the dressing, the amount listed can cover a salad with up to two tomatoes and two cucumbers. Beyond that, adjustments become necessary. The dressing also depends a bit on one's particular taste.

Note: I use organic ingredients whenever possible.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange Cranberry Water

Mango Smoothie

Spelt Biscuits