Cherry Infused Balsamic Vinegar

Over the next several months, I'm going to be sharing some infused vinegar recipes interspersed with other recipes. I got intrigued with the idea of infused vinegars many years ago, but my first attempts didn't go well. I abandoned the idea until last year. Then after deciding to incorporate more vinegar into our meals after reading How Not to Diet by Michal Greger, M.D., I started thinking about it again particularly after buying a few flavored, aka infused, vinegars. So I did a little research and tried again. This time I feel like my efforts are worth sharing. Patience is a major ingredient in getting well infused vinegars.




Cherry Infused Balsamic Vinegar

1 cup cherries (frozen or fresh) 
2 cups balsamic vinegar

Place cherries in a jar.* Add balsamic vinegar. 

Place in a dark place to allow to infuse.

Let marinate for a 1-2 months to fully infuse flavor. Longer is definitely better.


Strain mixture to separate cherries from the vinegar. 

Pour into a bottle and label.

Note: I use organic ingredients whenever possible.

*While I attempt to reuse jars as much as possible, canning jars are also an option.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange Cranberry Water

Mango Smoothie

Spelt Biscuits