Basil Berry Salad



I first made Basil Berry Salad last summer when I had several types of fresh berries and some fresh basil in the refrigerator. I couldn't decide which berries I wanted eat and then I smelled the basil. I thought "Why not? What's the worst that can happen?" So I made it. It was simple and refreshing! I'm sure you could use any berries you like, but this is what I had in the refrigerator this week!

Basil Berry Salad

1 small bunch fresh basil (about 1 Tbs after chopped)

½ pint raspberries
½ pint blackberries
½ pint blueberries
1 pint strawberries.

Finely chop basil. Set aside.

Wash and pit strawberries and cut into pieces close to the side of the other berries.

Wash the rest of the berries.

Be sure to pick out any overly ripe berries.

Add all berries to a bowl. Add the basil.

Gently mix berries and basil together careful not to bruise the berries.

Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to meld.

Serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange Cranberry Water

Mango Smoothie

Spelt Biscuits