Miso Ramen Soup


We often used to eat ramen noodle soup when we'd get sick, yes, those cheap packets, even though we eventually started throwing the flavor packets away and use our own stock.  When I found ramen rice noodles without packets a few years ago that were vegan I was excited. I ended up developing a couple of ramen noodle recipes. This week I ended up making ramen noodle soups a couple of nights because my household is dealing with colds right now. I decided to share my version of this comfort food now instead of later in case anyone else is looking for an alternative soup to eat while sick. I make each serving in its own pan because I think it turns out better that way. The photo shows ingredients for two, but the recipe is for one serving.

Miso Ramen Noodle Soup

2 mushrooms
1 carrot
¼ teaspoon fresh ginger**
1 block ramen noodles**
1 tablespoon miso

Cut mushrooms into small pieces.

Shred carrot.

Add mushrooms, carrot, and ginger to vegetable stock in a small pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.

Cook until mushrooms are soft, about 2-4 minutes.

Stir in miso.

Add ramen noodles. Cook for one minute until they start to separate. Gently separate the noodles. Cook for about three minutes until noodles are tender.

Eat as a soup or, if desired, drain and eat as noodles.

* You can use ground ginger in this recipe if you don't have fresh, but fresh really elevates it.

** I keep saying I'm going to try making my own noodles, but I haven't yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange Cranberry Water

Mango Smoothie

Spelt Biscuits