Salsa


This week I'm sharing a salsa recipe that we often make instead of a salad. It's one of those things I'd never bothered to write down until recently. While I've made several versions of salsa, this one tends to be the one I return to consistently.I love that it's made with primarily fresh ingredients.





Salsa

2-3 medium to large tomatoes
1 green pepper
4-6 spring onions
¼ small red onion
1 clove garlic
¼ cup fresh cilantro
½ fresh jalapeno pepper
¼ teaspoon ground cumin*
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 lime

Chop tomatoes and green pepper into bite-size chunks.

Dice spring onions and red onion.

Mince garlic.

Chop cilantro.

Dice jalapeno pepper.

Juice lime.

Place ½ the chopped ingredients in a food processor. Pulse a few times.**

Place rest of ingredients in a bowl.

Stir in the cumin, black pepper, and processed ingredients.

Add lime juice.

Stir together.

* I was out of cumin today, so I used a Salsa & Pico blend from Penzey's Spices.

** I don't always do this step, but it's helpful if you want a thicker, juicier salsa.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange Cranberry Water

Mango Smoothie

Spelt Biscuits