Basic Rice


Rice is such a staple that it hadn't occurred to me to share a recipe before now. As I cooked rice to accompany this week's recipe, I realized I needed to share my rice recipe.






Basic Rice

1 cup rice*
2 cups vegetable stock**

Add rice to a pan. Cover with stock. Bring to a boil. Let boil until stock is just below the rice. 

Reduce heat to simmer. Simmer until all the rice has absorbed all the liquid. Depending on the type of rice this can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 50 minutes.

Serve.

* I used Volcano Rice for this particular meal. It's one of my favorite rices. But the same idea works with brown rice, black rice, jade rice, and a host of other rices. I avoid eating white rice because it's not healthy.

** I prefer to use stock in this recipe, but water will work just as well. The stock elevates the flavor and adds a bit more depth to the nutritional value.

Note: I use organic ingredients whenever possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange Cranberry Water

Mango Smoothie

Spelt Biscuits