Strawberry Mango Smoothie

I used to eat a smoothie every morning for breakfast leading me to develop a wide variety of them; however, I rarely wrote down the recipes. When I started eating smoothies less frequently, mostly only on weekends, I rather forgot about all those different smoothies. 

I've started revisiting the idea though because sometimes I really like a good smoothie, particularly for breakfast.

Recently, I remembered a smoothie I used to make with strawberries and mangoes, so I started playing with the idea. I updated it quite a bit and in some ways simplified it. 

Strawberry Mango Smoothie

¼ cup walnuts
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon matcha (green tea powder)
2 tablespoons raspberry balsamic vinegar
2 cups kale*
1 banana
1 avocado
2 cups frozen strawberries**
2 cups frozen mangoes**

Place walnuts, ginger, and matcha in a heavy duty blender. Blend until resembles a powder. Scrape away from sides, if necessary.

Break kale into small pieces.

Add kale, vanilla, and vinegar. Blend until reaches a pudding-like texture. Add 2-4 tablespoons water if needed to blend smoothly.

Add banana and avocado. Blend until well incorporated.

Add frozen strawberries. Blend until smooth.

Add mangoes. Blend until smooth. If too thick, add water to thin to desired consistency.

* I used fresh kale this time, but I've also used frozen kale and it works just as well.

** I always use frozen strawberries and mangoes because I think it provides a creamier, more satisfying texture than fresh.

The straws in the photo are glass, and they are my favorite for smoothies.

Note: I use organic ingredients whenever possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange Cranberry Water

Mango Smoothie

Spelt Biscuits