Orange Hazelnut Balsamic Salad Dressing

Salad is a staple in my house. It's a great way to get one's daily servings of greens and cruciferous vegetables. Using a different salad dressing can make the same old salad seem like an entirely new dish. Salad dressings are really very easy to make. I used to find them intimidating until I started making them.



Orange Hazelnut Balsamic Salad Dressing*

 

1 orange

1-2 garlic cloves

¼ inch piece of ginger

2 Tablespoons hazelnut pulp**

2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar

 

Juice the orange.


Grate the garlic and ginger using a zester.

Place garlic and ginger in a small bowl or measuring cup.

Add orange juice.

Add hazelnut pulp. Whisk together.

Add balsamic vinegar. Whisk together until relatively smooth.

Add to salad.


* This dressing works well with a wide variety of salads.

** You can substitute hazelnut butter for the hazelnut pulp if you want. I find this a nice way to use the pulp left over when I make hazelnut milk.


Note: I use organic ingredients whenever possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange Cranberry Water

Mango Smoothie

Spelt Biscuits