Thoughts on The How Not To Diet Cookbook

                                                             
After reading How Not To Diet by Dr. Michael Gregor, I anxiously awaited the release of the The How Not To Diet Cookbook by Dr. Gregor and Robin Robertson. I'd found How Not To Diet interesting, and I liked several of the ideas in the book. He promoted healthy eating more than weight loss and talked about how a healthy lifestyle leads to a stable and healthy weight in most cases. I like the concept of focusing on health instead of weight. 

At least one or two of my friends were skeptical when I told them I was reading the book. The same basic question arose. "Why? You are a healthy weight." and to be clear, I am a healthy weight. I was more interested in the research surrounding health than in weight loss. I found many of his tips just made good sense. Since they couldn't result in losing too much weight and had other health benefits, I decided to incorporate some of them into my lifestyle.

Regular readers might remember me addressing some of this last year in the post, Eating Healthy Not Weight Loss, including how it was causing me to re-think some of my recipes and how I might rewrite them to better serve those wanting to incorporate some of the tips into their diet. I've worked on that over the past year in my household cooking, and that in part lead to me posting far fewer recipes last year as I ditched several recipes in favor of revamping them or because I just no longer include them in my meal rotation.

The How Not To Diet Cookbook was released in December 2020. I bought a copy and finally got around to reading it in the past couple of weeks. I feel more confident the changes I have been making to my recipes have me on the right track with the rewrites and new recipes I've been working on.

You can definitely use The How Not To Diet Cookbook without reading How Not To Diet because he provides a brief summary of the book at the beginning;  however, I would recommend reading How Not to Diet if you really want to understand the science behind the recipes included in this book.

Many of the recipes in The How Not To Diet Cookbook are quite simple. Others are rather complex. There's a wide range of recipes. Some with only a few ingredients. Others with a whole multitude of ingredients. Most ingredients are quite easy to find. In some cases, the recipes are written to offer choices for adding variety or in case an ingredient can't be found. The recipes look like they will add variety to one's meal plans, and I'm looking forward to trying several of them. I'm also looking forward to using many them to inspire some new recipes of my own!

Happy, Healthy Eating!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange Cranberry Water

Spelt Biscuits

Mango Smoothie