Cold Brew Coffee


I love cold brewed coffee. There's something about it paired with plant-based milk, particularly nut milk, (see Cold Brew Latte)that I find very refreshing on a hot summer afternoon. It's easy to make and ages fairly well in the refrigerator. Yet, I don't make it all that often. I think if I made it more often it would lose that feeling of having a treat!







Cold Brew Coffee

6 cups water

Roughly grind coffee grounds in a coffee grinder, one cup or less at a time depending on the size of your coffee grinder.

Place in an 8-cup measuring cup.

Add water.

Stir to combine.

Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.

Strain through a fine mesh strainer lined with cheesecloth in a pitcher. Twist the cheesecloth around the ground beans extracting as much liquid as possible.

Store in the refrigerator.

*While the coffee I linked to isn't the one in the photograph, I have used both brands at different times to make cold brew coffee and have enjoyed the results of both.

Note: I use organic ingredients whenever possible, so I rarely label the items in my ingredients list as such.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange Cranberry Water

Mango Smoothie

Spelt Biscuits