Ginger Hazelnut Matcha Latte


This week I wanted a matcha latte and I wanted ginger, so I combined the two for a nice cup of hot matcha tea. Sometimes matcha tea can be a bit grassy for me. Using a nutmilk and a spice or two tempers that grassiness a bit. I really enjoyed drinking my matcha latte with my breakfast; however, I would caution you to drink it hot because I find it is less enjoyable the colder it gets. Matcha tea offers a wealth of health benefits, so its worth finding a recipe that you can enjoy from time to time.



Ginger Hazelnut Matcha Latte

½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon matcha powder

Add hazelnut milk to a small pan or a Turkish coffee pot.

Heat hazelnut milk to a steady simmer whisking occasionally to keep from sticking. When steam rises from the milk upon stirring, it is warm enough.
 
Whisk in ginger.

Turn off heat.

Rinse large cup or matcha bowl with hot water.

Pour hazelnut-ginger milk into cup/matcha bowl.

Add matcha powder.

Using a bamboo matcha whisk, whisk briskly until well combined and light green in color.




Drink while hot.

Note: I use organic ingredients whenever possible.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Orange Cranberry Water

Spelt Biscuits

Mango Smoothie