Peanut Lime Salad Dressing

I often eat salad with dinner, and I rarely write down my salad recipes because I tend to go with what I have on hand to make them and then change them up with a variety of homemade dressings. In fact, often the only thing that is different in a salad from one night to the next is the dressing. As I thought about it, I decided that I'd start sharing a few of those dressings. 

Peanut Lime Salad Dressing is one of my go-to dressings. It works with most salads. I particularly like it with salads that have kale and/or cabbage as the primary greens. I don't love it with salads that are heavy on lettuce, but then again I'm not a huge fan of lettuce. Since other greens have much more nutritional value and, in my opinion, flavor punch, I rarely use lettuce unless it's in our harvest box, and even then only as part of the supporting cast. 

Some of you might be thinking this dressing seems similar to the peanut sauce I used in my Vegetable Stir Fry with Peanut Sauce recipe. It was inspired by that sauce.

Peanut Lime Salad Dressing


1-2 garlic cloves

¼ inch piece fresh ginger

2 limes

2 tablespoons soy sauce*

2 tablespoons rice vinegar

1 tablespoon nutritional yeast

2 tablespoons peanut butter

 

Mince garlic cloves and ginger.**

Juice the limes.

Put garlic cloves and ginger in a small bowl.*** Add lime juice. Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, nutritional yeast and peanut butter.

Whisk together until well blended.


* I used coconut amino acids instead of soy sauce this time because it has less sodium than soy sauce. Either works fine. I use whichever I happen to have in the house at the time. 

** I like to use a zester to get the consistency that I like for the garlic and ginger, which is kind of creamy.

*** I prefer to use a measuring cup instead of a bowl to mix the dressing.


Note: I use organic ingredients whenever possible.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange Cranberry Water

Mango Smoothie

Spelt Biscuits